Add Stock Options Grant
Prior to granting stock options, there are a series of measures founders must take into consideration:
- Submit Stock Options for Board Approval - check for remaining # authorized in the Plan, include vesting schedule details, etc.
- Execute paperwork e.g. Docusign, Hellosign, etc.
- Record Stock Option in Captable.io, as shown below
- Share grants with shareholder
- Monitor cliff and vesting over time
- Exercise, Lapse, Stop Vesting, Delete
- Exercise: See more for details on whether to choose Early Exercise.
- Lapse: If you want to return the un-exercised options to the pool, you may lapse the option grant. Usually when Company wants to termiante an
- Stop Vesting: Stop vesting and return unvested options back to plan.
- Delete: Deleting an option grant will remove it entirely from the cap table.
To add a stock options grant, click the Quick Create menu + icon on the left panel and choose Grant Stock Options.