Captable.io Release Notes
- When certificated stock is issued, Captable.io automatically generates the digital stock certificate with the correct security data. Company officers digitally sign the certificate, then it is delivered to the shareholder for acceptance. With this update, Captable.io becomes the first cap table platform that supports two common methods of issuing stock - certificate-free and with stock certificates.
- Company officers can be assigned as company signatories to digitally sign documents, such as stock certificates.
- A To-Do List for what's needed to set up accurate records, so you can issue securities to your shareholders and model your next funding round.
- A notification to remind you that the company's 409A, necessary for issuing stock options, is about to expire.
- Kauffman Foundation / Techstars - updated cap table modeling teaching aid for the Fall 2019 Venture Deals Course.
- Stock transfers are improved to reflect the status of underlying instruments. We also show your previous full transfers as "Transferred" instead of hiding them. More details here.
- New onboarding process that guides you to accurately set up your shareholder records, cap table and company access.
- When certificate-free stock is issued, Captable.io automatically generates the required Notice of Issuance of Stock for the shareholder to accept. The stock grant detail view shows an audit log with the issuance and acceptance status.
- Y Combinator - added support for Winter 2020 batches.
- Techstars / Y Combinator - updated data for 1-click investment creation.
- For post money safes, ownership at conversion can now be a decimal number.
- Bulk import shareholder data using the improved Captable.io import template. Great when you're setting up a company with hundreds of employees. The import template also has smarter conditional formatting and data validation to help you with manual data entry. Learn more here. Pro tip: export data from your HRIS system, such as Gusto, then copy it into the import template.
- Shareholder data properties are now clearer and more comprehensive. There's also a new Shareholder Information view to show all the data properties. Because we transitioned from full name only to first and last name, you may need to edit your shareholder to split the name.
- Set up stock legend for your company, which can then be added to stock grants. A default legend element called "Default - Securities Act of 1933" is added as an example, which you can edit and add to based on your needs.
- To make it easier to find and track the security status, such as whether it's been accepted by the shareholder, or whether it's been cancelled, the stock ledger table in Ownership - Stock view is updated to include this information.
- We added and revised company and shareholder data properties to help you keep clean and accurate records. For example, we clarified that your company name should be your legal entity name, and we added a “doing business as” (DBA) field for the name you normally go by.
- For transactions that result in new stock grants being created, for example, stock option exercises, we added a preview of the new stock grant's properties, so you know exactly what the system will create for your shareholder.
- Law firms and accounting firms - we now support multiple master admins to manage client and staff access. More details here.
- To improve long-term record keeping, we now link stock grants that result from repurchases to the original RSA grant.
- Track whether your company issues certificate-free stock so Captable.io can help you deliver Notice of Issuance of Stock to your shareholders.
- Option grant vesting visualization now reflects whether the grant's vesting was stopped.
- Stock grant and certificate IDs uniqueness is now enforced. We also warn you if you used duplicate IDs in the past.
- More transparent and easy-to-understand access control levels.
- Fully diluted ownership sharing can now be turned off for each company.
- Vesting calculations now group fractional shares into whole shares, instead of rounding for every period.
- Fast409A submission and payment process is now more robust thanks to a new technical implementation with our 409A valuation partner Morgan Stanley.
- Timeline view can now be paginated, loads much faster for large cap tables.
- Cap table import and export templates are now unified into a single template. We added cap table summary statistics and rounded out the exported shareholder data fields. It also has a fresh new design!
- You can now upload a Microsoft Powerpoint (.pptx) file as an attachment.
- View and sort Stock Options, Exercises and Restricted Stock Awards across all your stock plans.
- Quickly understand what's granted and what's still available in your stock plans with new visualizations and summary statistics.
- Stay compliant with IRS Section 83(b) election tracking.
- To improve long-term record keeping, we now link the option grant and resulting stock grant together during an exercise, and show you the unexercised balance for every option grant.
- More comprehensive and transparent data for shareholders with summary statistics and layout for large shareholdings in the revamped shareholder portal. Views are updated to be consistent with company stock plan view.
- Keeping an eye on what's changed on your cap table helps you keep it safe. We added an Activity Digest email notification. It's sent weekly on Monday to all your cap table admins. There's also a new Notification Settings view in the app.
- We added a new Company view, where you can easily find your company information and 409A valuations. All cap table related views are consolidated in the Ownership view.
- Enter a custom lapsed date when lapsing options.
- Y Combinator - add post-money SAFE support in our Clerky integration for supported YC batches
- Y Combinator - portfolio companies can now sign up by themselves to access all YC-specific features
- In Convertible Instrument Calculator, we now highlight Series A investors’ portion so you can see how pro rata investors shrink the Series A availability
- This Captable.io Support Knowledge Base!
- More comprehensive event logging in the Audit Log, including instrument conversion, export, etc.
- Published our thoughts on how post-money SAFEs impact Series A.
- Automatically create matching stock grants during stock option exercises
- Easily switch between your favorite LTSE tools like Captable.io with the new tool switcher
- Y Combinator - support for the new YC post-money SAFE throughout the app, including ability to convert to fixed ownership
- Y Combinator - support for YC Winter 2019 batch companies, for example, the ability to Quick Create a YC Deal
- Updated NoteGenie.io and SAFEGenie.io to support all convertible instruments, including post-money SAFEs
- Law firms and accounting firms - there’s now an easy way to manage lots of client cap tables at scale with our new firm dashboard. A dedicated master admin at your firm can manage access for your team as team members rotate on and off of clients. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your firm’s dashboard.
- Federal exemption can now be tracked for eligible equity awards. Rule 701 and Section 4(a)(2) are supported.
- Assess your Rule 701 exemption eligibility with the new Rule 701 Report.
- Your Captable.io account is now your LTSE Account, providing you access to multiple tools for building startups.
- An email notifications is sent to all cap table admins when a new admin is added.
- Moved exercised stock options to Securities -> Plans view so they can be tracked with stock option grants. Exercised stock options no longer change the allocated shares in your stock plan, or the number of authorized shares in the underlying stock class.
- Cancelled restricted stock is no longer part of the total In Shareholder detail view
- Added in-app help and improved labeling for fully diluted total shares across all share classes
- Repurchase restricted stock
- Y Combinator - portfolio companies can now import their fundraising info from Clerky
- Issue restricted stock from option pool